Sisters, how y’all feel? Brothers, y’all alright? It has been a year. And here we are, still standing. Still here. I will forever be amazed and full of pride at the resilience of our people. Still…as I’ve come to learn the hard way, rest is a part of the work just as much as everything else. We can not be revolutionaries, we can not save each other, if we aren’t taking care of ourselves. I almost called this one the self-care edit, because essentially that’s what this is. But, specifically I’m focusing on the importance of finding moments of peace and serenity amidst the chaos. This is about finding, and if need be, cultivating calm. ~ xo
SHOP THE EDIT
- Peacefull Organic Body Wash – I know baths get a lot of the shine when it comes to self-care, but a hot shower has always been my preference to relax and reset. And when I can find a calming soap or body wash to go along with it, even better. This organic body wash by Organic Bath Co. caught my eye and sold me on luxurious and lavender scented. Name a better combination when you need a moment of calm.
- Elixa Bath and Body Oil – If you do prefer a hot bath or prefer oils to creams when it comes to moisturizing, a nice bath oil is another way to help you relax and calm down after a stressful day. This one by The Established is formulated with calming ingredients that also work to hydrate and moisturize your skin.
- Balance 750mg Daily Drops – Deep breaths and CBD is another winning combination for cultivating calm. This blend in particular from Brown Girl Jane is specifically designed to ease your mind and help bring you back to the present moment. I think every single one of us could use more of that in our lives right now.
- Relax & Chill Herbal Tea Blend – I’m a coffee in the morning, tea at night kind of girl. And on the days when my anxiety is particularly high (read almost daily these days), I’ve been reaching for teas that specifically made for calming and easing tension. I loved to see that this Chill blend by Ivy’s Tea Co. was made for moments like that with ingredients like lavender, rose, and passionflower. Oh and did I mention Ivy’s Tea pairs their blends with a playlist too. Go, sip, and listen.
- Self-Care Check-In Guided Journal – Journaling has always been a source of healing for me. On the mornings when I wake up and the thoughts are already racing, to the midday moments of panic from scrolling social media, or just the nights where I find myself exhausted and defeated from life in general, I turn to journaling. Recently, I ordered this guided journal by GG Renee Hill to help me reconnect and refocus on myself. While I didn’t necessarily buy it to help with cultivating calm, I’ve found it’s done just that. Given me space to reflect, to focus, and to rejuvenate myself.