Name a wardrobe piece more iconic than the little black dress. Maybe I’m biased as a girl whose closet is 95% black, but even the most colorful inclined women can appreciate the euphoria of finding that perfect LBD. In honor of the versatility, luxury, and sheer timelessness of this classic staple, I introduce the LBD edit. Eight little black dresses for any occasion. xo
- This slinky, sexy mini dress from Local European is for the girls that aren’t scared to show a little skin. A Classic silhouette, elegant design, with just the right amount of spice. It’s a dream.
- I love a slip dress with an unexpected detail. Hanifa’s Leah dress is that. Satin, with a side slit and ostrich feather front details. Not to mention it fits a little loose which is perfect for us girls who don’t always feel bodycon ready.
- May the year 2020 be the one that I receive an invitation to an event where I can wear this elegant beauty. So regal which I would expect nothing less from Andrea Iyamah. And that asymmetrical one shoulder design? I live.
- If I could design the perfect LBD it would be something fun, flirty, and girly. When I found the Mila dress by Muehleder it was everything I envisioned and more. The volume, the flare! Here for it.
- For those of us who prefer a mini LBD, but don’t exactly want to bare it all, this K. Lorayne off the shoulder mini is it. Short and sexy with just the right amount of coverage and tie sleeves for the finishing detail.
- I know what you’re thinking, a sweater dress isn’t exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you think little black dress, but when done right it’s the go-to for a casual occasion. When I say done right, I mean Undra Celeste’s Irma sweater dress. Feminine cut, with a deep v neck and three button closure. Perfection.
- If you’re looking for a full coverage LBD that still delivers on the sexiness, the Nia dress by Milano Di Rouge. A long sleeved, midi length, bodycon with the signature logo print on the wrists.
- Another versatile LBD to round off this list and it’s, yet again, a pick from Local European. Can you tell this is one of my favorite brands? I love the Santo Ruched Turtleneck dress for its versatility. You can dress it up or down. I stan a functional piece.